Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I know I said I would get better at posting on here and of course I haven't but it has been a crazy few months for us and I am going to try and get better (we'll see how it goes this time). Shortly after my last post my oldest (5 years old) decided to run off from us in a store because we told him we were not going to buy him a toy car. We looked and couldn't find him anywhere I was worried. We then asked some employees to help us look or if they had seen him and still no sign of our boy. My husband left the store to start searching for him. The employees at the store thankfully called the cops for us. As I was heading to the front of the store (the front is a bunch of windows and sliding glass doors so I could see outside) I saw a car stopped in the middle of a busy road and a guy out of his car looking under it. A cop car was behind him too. So of course I start crying hysterically thinking my child has been hit what am I going to do this can't be happening. I was so upset luckily my son was not in that road there was a car accident. The cops came and talked to me and told me that they have been getting calls about a boy running down main street and are doing everything to find out where he is. I couldn't believe that he was so far away in such a short time. I didn't know what would happen would somebody take him would he get hit by a car I was paniking (sp?). After about an hour they found him in a chili's restaurant. It was the longest hour of my life. He was returned safely and has had many long talks and punishments from that experience. Hopefully we never have to deal with something like that again! I am very thankful that my son made it safely home to me!! But I don't think he has learned not to run off I forgot to mention that the people at chili's fed him so now he thinks he can run off and get rewarded even though he still didn't get the car he wanted or anything for a long time. When he gets mad he threatens to run of again it makes me so frustrated. Do you have any suggestions on how to get him to stop? He's five I thought that by now he would not do this. I am so stressed about this and not sure what to do. I hope he never runs off but not sure he learned his lesson. Anyway sorry to go off but that is one of my stresses lately not sure how to help him learn his lesson. Sometimes being a mom is so HARD! I still love him (that's why I worry)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment