Thursday, January 26, 2012

Date Night

In February the Relief Society weekday meeting is on Date Night. I am really excited about it so I thought I'd share a few things that I decided to do since we started to plan this activity.
I saw on pinterest an idea to make a date night can. They had a lot of good ideas on there for dates but I wanted ones that we could do at home because it is really hard for us to get a babysitter. So I started to search online and found some awesome sites. One is an old Ensign article that I used some of the ideas from. If you want to read the article you can find it at http://www.lds.org/ensign/1991/04/date-night-at-home?lang=eng
I typed up all of the ideas I got and then printed them out and cut them up and put them in a can I made. I used an old sour cream container (one of the big one's from Sam's) and put scrapbook paper over it. So now once a week on of us will be in charge of date night and it will be a little easier because we don't have to do as much thinking! ;) Which I think can be one of the hardest parts.
I also found some good articles about having date nights with your kids but I'm not sure where I put the info on that one. It was an old Ensign or some kind of church material article. It was really good though. The lady was talking about how they made sure they took their kids out on dates and talked with them and spend good quality one on one time and now that they are in high school they still talk to their parents and especially about the really important things. So we are going to try and do this with our kids even more then before and hopefully it will turn out good for all of us!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for that meeting. We started taking our kids on "date nights" a few years ago. With six kids it's hard to get one on one time with them. We schedule it out so they have four date nights a year. One big one we have done for the last few years is a Jazz date. We take them to a Jazz game. I think this is one of their favorites. It's one on one time for the 3 hours your driving and the treat at the game. Wo sorry, didn't mean to carry on :)

    ReplyDelete