I didn't get to post all my recipes so I figured I would keep adding more since there were so many people interested. This week at our Relief Society week day meeting we talked about freezer meals so I wanted to share on here what I do. As I find more recipes I like or get other things I will post them here as well. Hope you enjoy!
Parmesan Chicken
2lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 c Italian bread crumbs
2 t. lemon zest
2-3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
Place frozen chicken into freezer bag and seal. In separate freezer bag, combine remaining ingredients. Rubber band the two bags together and place into freezer. When ready to bake, defrost chicken in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Coat with bread crumb mixture and place in pan. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for tenderloins). Serve with pasta. Sauce warmed up in micro cooker and pasta tossed with your favorite sauce.
Chicken Tetrazzini
1 zucchini
16 oz. spaghetti
½ stick butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 c. green bell pepper, chopped
3 c. cooked chicken, cubed
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 c. grated Monterey jack cheese
2 cans golden cream of mushroom soup
3 c. milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Break spaghetti in half and cook as directed on package; drain. Using 8” sauté pan, cook onion, zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper in butter for 5 minutes; toss with spaghetti and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Place mixture into two freezer bags; squeeze air out of bags and freeze. Defrost and bake in pan, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.
Those are just a couple I miss placed my recipe book of frozen meals so once I find it I'll type them up and add more!
Here's some sites I found about freezer meals.
This first one has tips as well as some recipes I haven't tried any but I think I will.
http://allrecipes.com/howto/freezing-foods-a-real-time-saver/
This site has a bunch of recipes that I want to look through and try some of.
http://www.recipelink.com/rcpmenus.html
This site I am way excited about it has a list of different freezer recipe catagories and I think the last one is desserts. I really want to try some. Not sure how great they'll be but we'll see. When I do try if I find any great ones then I will post the recipes for everyone.
http://busycooks.about.com/od/makeaheadrecipes/Make_Ahead_Recipes_and_OAMC.htm
Hope you enjoy! Good luck! Also I will be posting more recipes soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment