I have been making freezer meals for about a year now and love it so I thought I'd share some of my recipes with everyone. I don't have a picture but I found this site which has some recipes that I might try sometime but it has a great picture of her meals in the freezer so go check it out if you want.
http://www.southernliving.com/food/whats-for-supper/easy-freezer-meals-00400000009133/
I have to make sure our meals are ready to eat by 5 or 5:15 at the latest since my husband comes home from work at that time but then quickly leaves again for school. It always seems to get crazy around my house but especially around when I would need to make dinner so I started to make my meals (not all but most) one day a month. I don't have all of my recipes typed up yet but here are a few of my recipes that I do have. Hope they help you out!
Mexican Chicken
2 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
16 oz. jar mild or medium salsa
2-3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
½ c. finely chopped onion
2 ½ oz. can sliced black olives, drained
1 TBSP. southwest seasoning mix
Sliced or grated Monterey jack cheese
Place frozen chicken into freezer bag. Combine remaining ingredients except cheese. Pour sauce into bag and coat chicken well. Squeeze air out of bag and freeze. Chicken will marinate as it defrosts in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove chicken from bag and place in pan. Pour excess sauce from bag over top of chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for tenderloins). Grate cheese onto chicken; bake 10 minutes and serve. Rice, tortillas and /or a salad round out this healthy meal.
Caesar Chicken
2 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
2 (16 oz) bottles creamy Caesar salad dressing
2-3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
1 zucchini, finely chopped
Grated parmesan cheese
Optional: lettuce, box of croutons or cooked pasta
Place frozen chicken into freezer bag; add garlic and one bottle of dressing, garlic and zucchini. Coat chicken well. Squeeze air out of and freeze. Chicken will marinate as it defrosts in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove chicken from bag and place in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for tenderloins). Grate cheese and set aside. SALAD: slice chicken and serve warm over lettuce, tossed with half of second bottle of dressing, parmesan cheese and croutons. OR serve chicken over cooked pasta and top with grated cheese.
Teriyaki Chicken
2 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
10 oz. bottle teriyaki sauce
1 TBSP vinegar
2-3 cloves freshly pressed garlic
½ finely chopped onion
1 zucchini, finely chopped
Place frozen chicken and all ingredients into freezer bag. Coat chicken well. Squeeze air out of bag and freeze. Chicken will marinate as it defrosts in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove chicken from bag and place in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for tenderloins). Serve with stir-fried rice and vegetables.
BBQ Chicken
2 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 c. mild salsa
1 c. ketchup
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
Place frozen chicken into freezer bag. Combine all ingredients and pour into bag and coat chicken well. Squeeze air out of bag and freeze. Chicken will marinate as it defrosts in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove chicken from bag and place in pan. Pour excess sauce from bag over top of chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for tenderloins). Serve with cornbread twists.
Make-Ahead Ground Beef
1-2 medium onions
3 lbs 90% lean ground beef or 93 % lean ground turkey
3 garlic cloves pressed
Chop onions. Place onions, beef and garlic pressed into (12 in) skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 15-18 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
Divide beef into three portions. Freeze in freezer ziplock baggie or add to recipes.
Italian Beef Hoagies
To one portion of Make-Ahead Ground Beef add:
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
¼ cup water
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 pkt (1 oz) onion soup mix
1 TBSP Italian seasoning mix
Combine in large resealable bag. Freeze for up to three months.
Defrost
Microwave packet on DEFROST (30% power) 8-10 minutes or until softened. Pour into (10 in skillet) and bring to a simmer over medium heat. (if cooking immediately, combine ingredients in 10 in skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat)
Finish and Serve!
Sprinkle 1 cup (4 oz) shredded provolone cheese over beef mixture cover with lid and simmer 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon into 6 warm hoagie rolls.
Easy Beef Stroganoff
To one portion of Make-Ahead Ground Beef add:
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup water
1 tsp ground paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Combine in large resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 3 mths.
Defrost
Microwave packet on DEFROST (30% power) 8-10 minutes or until softened. Pour into (10 in) skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Finish and Serve!
Stir 8 oz sour cream into beef mixture
Cook 1 lb egg noodles; drain. Toss with ¼ cup snipped fresh parsley and 2 TBSP melted butter.
Spoon stroganoff over noodles and sprinkle with additional paprika and parsley, if desired.
They are so easy and we love them at our house!! I also like to make taco soup and freeze it and whenever I brown meat I brown as much as I can and freeze it or else I turn it in to taco meat and freeze it. Makes life a lot easier later in the month and can be used for a lot of recipes. I also like to use the crock pot sometimes so I don't have to worry about defrosting I just put it in there frozen and it's cooked on high in about 3 hours.
I enjoyed your lesson tonight. I'm all for doing the freezer desserts...that's something I've never tried before. Let me know, thanks
ReplyDeletePS the chicken was nummy :)